Jokes2Go.com > Humor Lists >
Jesus vs. Elvis
1. Jesus said, "Love thy neighbor" (Matthew 22:39).
Elvis said, "Don't Be Cruel" (RCA, 1956).
2. Jesus H. Christ has 12 letters.
Elvis Presley has 12 letters.
3. Jesus is the Lord's shepherd.
Elvis dated Cybill Shepherd.
4. Jesus said, "Man shall not live by bread alone" (Matthew 4:4).
Elvis loved his sandwiches with peanut butter and bananas.
5. "Then they took up stones to cast at [Jesus]" (John 8:59).
Elvis was often stoned.
6. Jesus was the Lamb of God.
Elvis had mutton chops.
7. Jesus was part of a Trinity.
Elvis' first band was a trio.
8. Jesus walked on water (Matthew 14:25).
Elvis surfed (Blue Hawaii, Paramount, 1965).
9. Jesus was a carpenter.
Elvis majored in woodshop/industrial arts in high school.
10. Jesus lived in a state of grace in a Near Eastern land.
Elvis lived in Graceland in a nearly eastern state.
11. Jesus wore the crown of thorns.
Elvis wore Royal Crown hair styler.
12. Jesus' entourage, the Apostles, had 12 members.
Elvis' entourage, the Memphis Mafia, had 12 members.
13. Jesus as wine (sacramental wine).
Elvis as wine (Always Elvis wine by Frantenac).
14. A major woman in Jesus' life (Mary) had an immaculate conception.
A major woman in Elvis' life (Priscilla) went to Immaculate Conception
15. Jesus was resurrected.
Elvis had the famous comeback special in 1968.
16. Son of God.
17. Jesus said, "If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink" (John7:37).
Elvis said, "Drinks on me!" (Jailhouse Rock, MGM, 1957).
18. Jesus fasted for 40 days and nights.
Elvis had irregular eating habits (e.g., five banana splits for breakfast).
19. Jesus is a Capricorn (Dec. 25).
Elvis is a Capricorn (Jan. 8).
20. Jesus biography by Matthew (Gospel according to Matthew).
Elvis biography by Neal Matthews (Elvis: A Golden Tribute).
21. "[Jesus'] countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow"
Elvis' trademarks were a lightning bolt and snow-white jumpsuits.
22. Jesus was Jewish.
Elvis was part Jewish (from his maternal great-grandmother, Martha Tackett
23. Jesus' purple robe.
Elvis' pink Cadillac.
24. Jesus' father is everywhere.
Elvis' father, Vernon, was a drifter and moved around quite a bit.
25. Doubting Thomas.
26. There is much confusion about Jesus' middle name - what does the "H" stand for?
There is much confusion about Elvis' middle name - was it Aron or Aaron?
27. Jesus made rocks roll away from his tomb.
Elvis was a rock and roll singer.
Put Random List on Your Page!
To have the Random List Include displayed on your page, just copy the code below and paste it into your webpage's HTML. The random list excerpt will appear automatically, different everytime your page is viewed:
And this is how this is how the result will look like - box not included :-) (register to be able to add border, change text color and background color of your RandList)