Jokes2Go.com > Humor Lists >
Taken from by David M. Bader (Harmony Books) © 2002
1. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single oy.
2. If you wish to know The Way, don't ask for directions. Argue.
3. Take only what is given. Own nothing but your robes and an alms bowl.
Unless, of course, you have the closet space.
4. Let your mind be as a floating cloud. Let your stillness be as the wooded glen.
And sit up straight. You'll never meet the Buddha with posture like that.
5. There is no escaping karma.
In a previous life, you never called, you never wrote, you never visited.
And whose fault was that?
6. Wherever you go, there you are. Your luggage is another story.
7. To practice Zen and the art of Jewish motorcycle maintenance, do the following:
get rid of the motorcycle. What were you thinking?
8. Learn of the pine from the pine.
Learn of the bamboo from the bamboo.
Learn of the kugel from the kugel.
9. Be aware of your body. Be aware of your perceptions. Keep in mind that not every
physical sensation is a symptom of a terminal illness.
10. If there is no self, whose arthritis is this?
11. Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out. Forget this and attaining
Enlightenment will be the least of your problems.
12. The Tao has no expectations. The Tao demands nothing of others. The Tao does not
speak. The Tao does not blame. The Tao does not take sides. The Tao is not Jewish.
13. Drink tea and nourish life. With the first sip, joy. With the second, satisfaction.
With the third, Danish.
14. The Buddha taught that one should practice loving kindness to all sentient beings.
Still, would it kill you to find a nice sentient being who happens to be Jewish?
15. Be patient and achieve all things. Be impatient and achieve all things faster.
16. In nature, there is no good or bad, better or worse. The wind may blow or not. The
flowering branch grows long or short. Do not judge or prefer. Ask only, "Is it good
for the Jews?"
17. To Find the Buddha, look within. Deep inside you are ten thousand flowers. Each
flower blossoms ten thousand times. Each blossom has ten thousand petals. You might
want to see a specialist.
18. Be here now. Be someplace else later. Is that so complicated?
19. Zen is not easy. It takes effort to attain nothingness. And then what do you have?
Put Random List on Your Page!
To have the Random List Include displayed on your page, just copy the code below and paste it into your webpage's HTML. The random list excerpt will appear automatically, different everytime your page is viewed:
And this is how this is how the result will look like - box not included :-) (register to be able to add border, change text color and background color of your RandList)